There may be other versions of something like this, but this 8x Zoom lens from the Photojojo store is the first one I’ve seen. Boost the productivity of your iPhone’s Camera for only $35.00. Add it to my shopping list.
Archive for the Category Apple
(Reposted from the Social3i Consulting blog.)
I’m not necessarily a gadget guy. I like the toys, but I’m generally towards the tail end of the early adopters. For me to spend a lot of money on something, it needs to be good enough to justify replacing the time and energy I’ve already invested on something else.
I usually get pushed over the edge when I see that someone I respect has adopted the technology into their everyday life. So a few weeks ago, after I watched one of our clients taking notes on his slick little tablet, I went forth and joined the iPad nation.
Here are some notes now that I’m two weeks in:
- Super solid notetaking device. Easier and less intrusive than a laptop. Easy to share notes with everyone in the room.
- Love Keynote. Easy to make presentations on the fly. In fact, I was even able to build a quick soccer field in order to diagram some plays and show my youth team the starting lineup and subs.
- Love Flipbook. Super cool app for turning my Twitter and Facebook feeds into a mini-magazine.
- Haven’t downloaded spreadsheet apps yet. This is a glaring hole so far, as I’d love to quickly run numbers.
- Netflix is fantastic. It’s the easiest way I’ve ever seen for me to just quickly turn on a device and catch up on whatever series I happen to be watching all the way thru.
- Also, when I’m at my desk I find myself just using it for monitoring email and Pandora, so I don’t have to bother with having it open on my desktop.
I haven’t really gotten into games or anything yet. Also, I can’t say I use the browser or email any differently that I’d use my iPhone, so that’s not a real differentiator. And I’m just starting to get into the speech recognition stuff, but I haven’t really nailed that yet.
Overall, it feels like there’s a decent learning curve between making the device a really cool photo album and a fully functional work device. More to come.